Wednesday, September 26, 2007

IS THIS WHAT HEAVEN LOOKS LIKE?





Or is it just a trip to Chattanooga, TN?

Great plane trip on the way down. It was one of those unfathomable afternoons where the clouds were making all kinds of visual racket and being tantalizingly beautiful.

Got picked up at the airport here by Erica, efficient and sweet young Geiger employee (sponsors of the trip) and taken immediately to a restaurant called Blue Plate where I just had to try fried green tomatoes and cheese grits. Southern food, wow...I'm gonna guess that health is not the biggest issue for Southern Cooks. Pretty tasty but left me tired (or was it the plane ride?)

At any rate I am now basking in my cute room just to the rear of the Chattanooga Train station. The fully restored station is now the lobby of the, say it with me...Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel.

After a short attempt at a nap, I shall take the electric shuttle about town before all the writers must meet in the lobby for a dinner where we must "sing for our supper."

Those of you who know me know that I love to sing so I'll probably make a damn fool of myself singing away. I'll try to be a bit subdued anyway.

But until I have photos of buildings, etc here in Chatt. I'm gonna leave you to enjoy a taste of what I enjoyed today from my plane window.

Ciao baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home